Download Amazon’s three most popular size cover templates for free. The three sizes are:
6 x 9″ , 8 x 10″, 8.5 x 11″
How to use your template
- Open the PDF or PNG file for the Paperback Book Cover Template in your image editing software.
- Create a new layer in your image editing software. This layer will serve as the design layer.
- Design your cover in the design layer, using the template PDF or PNG file as the guide layer. The artwork should extend to the outside edge of the template’s pink zone to ensure a white border will not exist within the printed work. Do not move the guide layer, as it is properly aligned for Amazon’s printing specifications.
- Ensure text and/or images that are intended to be read do not appear in the pink zones of the template.
- The barcode area is indicated in yellow on the template. Do not place important images or text intended to be read in the barcode location. It is suggested that you fill in this area with your background color or design. KDP will automatically generate a barcode representing your title’s ISBN when printing copies of your book.
- Once your design is complete, you will need to turn off the guide layer so that it is not printed on your final product or rejected during the review process. If you are unable to turn off the guide layer, then you will need to format the artwork so that it completely covers the guide layer.
- Save your file if you intend to make changes to it later, THEN flatten all layers, save the file as a press quality PDF, and upload the file via KDP. Close your original file without saving. You will then be able to re-edit the layers later.